You can create a new expense from any screen by clicking the blue plus sign at the top of the page
This will open up the add expense Screens. Follow directions below
Chose if this is a:
1. Direct payment between parents. This is defined as: A payment that occurs directly between parents - Child Support, Alimony, Additional Support, etc. For Example: Dad is making a base support payment to Mom
2. Reimbursement for a payment made to a merchant – This is defined as: A payment to a merchant or 3rd Party that one parent paid for already. For Example: Dad paid for a doctor's appointment, and now Mom needs to pay him back her share.
3. Click on the Green Next button
For this example, we are using the Reimbursement for a payment made to a merchant
Step 2: Details
- Personal: If this is chosen the item will not be submitted or shared with the other parent
- Tax Deductible: Items may include alimony / family support payments, medical expenses or child care expenses. Of course, any item can be tracked and marked as tax deductible
- Support Ordered: This is to track expenses that are recorded on the Support Order/Divorce Decree
Step #2: How Much?
You must enter the total amount of the expense first.
- Expense Total- This is the total dollar amount of the item.
- The system will automatically calculate based on a 50/50 split. If the split is different, you can enter, either, the percentage for one parent or the dollar amount. The system will then automatically calculate the amount and percentage for the other parent.
- Click on the green Next button
Step #3: Receipt
You must attach a receipt or submit a reason for no receipt in order to submit the expense to the other parent.
In order to submit the expense to the other parent you must either attach a receipt or provide a reason why you do not have a receipt. The reason for this is to provide the transparency to both parents on how the money is spent and to show the other parent that the money was spent on the item entered. By providing this information, the other parent is much more likely to make a payment on the item.
- No Receipt Available - If you do not have a receipt for the item, click the box next to “I don’t have a receipt”, the upload box will change to a text box where you can then provide a reason for not having a receipt
- Receipt Available - Upload a receipt by clicking on the "Drop file here or clock to choose" box. You can add one or more than one receipt for each item. Attach as many receipts or documents as you would like.