In SupportPay you can also track private expenses. Private expenses are expenses that may not be related to a child and may be directly related to a parent.
NOTE: A parent may want to track private expenses to provide documentation on their current household expenses, outside the scope of child support. For example, if a parent is seeking to modify a child support order and wishes to show the court documentation on their current household expenses, they can track these expenses as private expenses. This would provide information to a legal professional on the current financial obligations of the parent in order to justify a child support review or modification.
Private expenses are:
- Not shared with the other parent
- The amount owed is only allocated to the parent that chose to track the item as private
Follow the steps below to add a private expense:
- In SupportPay, click on the green Add Expense/Support button.
- Select the Expense option.
- Next, enter the name of the expense, and make it private by clicking on the button next to Make expense private.
- Click on Next Step to continue.
- Choose who is paying for the expense and who the expense is for. Then click on Next Step.
- Lastly, upload the receipt and enter the details for the expense, then click on Add Expense.
- Once the expense is added, you can check it out by going to Private Expenses, under Transactions, on the left-hand side menu.
This is how you create a private expense in SupportPay. If you have any further questions, please make sure to contact our helpdesk at email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.