Categories are broad terms that relate to the money needed or product bought. For example, textbooks bought for the child can be set under "Education" or if additional money is needed, then the category can be set to "Additional Support".
- You can add categories to your account by Clicking on the Welcome tab and Selecting Categories.
- Click on the green Add button in the lower right corner of the Custom Categories Section.
- Enter the name of the category.
- Click on Save button in the lower right corner to save the category to your account.
- After a category is saved, it will automatically appear in a drop down list of Categories you have added in the Add Expense Window, in addition to the default categories. In this case, "Example Category" was added to the list.