Recurring expenses are for expenses that occur at regular intervals such as monthly, weekly, etc. This enables you to enter an expense 1 time and then the expense is automatically created for each time after that, saving you the need to manually enter these expenses every time they happen
You can create a new expense from any screen by clicking the blue plus sign at the top of the page
This will open up the add expense wizard.
Follow directions below
Chose if this is a:
- Direct payment between parents. This is defined as a payment that occurs directly between parents - Child Support, Alimony, Additional Support, etc. For example, Dad is making a base support payment to Mom
- Reimbursement for a payment made to a merchant– This is defined as a payment to a merchant or 3rd Party that one parent paid for already. For example, Dad paid for a doctor's appointment, and now Mom needs to pay him back her share.
- Click on the Green Next button
For this example, we are using the Direct Payment between Parents for the Base Child Support Payment.
Step 2: Details
Who should receive the payment for this expense:
- Recipient: The person who should receive the payment for this item., Choose either you (Me) or the other parent, from the dropdown menu.
(Optional) Add special categorization of the item:
- Personal: If this is chosen the item will not be submitted or shared with the other parent
- Tax Deductible: Items may include alimony / family support payments, medical expenses or child care expenses. Of course, any item can be tracked and marked as tax deductible
(Required) Choose the details of the expense
- Child: Choose which child the expense is for. The expense can be for an individual child or for all children
- Category: This is the type of expense that was entered. In the Case of a Direct Payment, any of the Categories and Sub-Categories can be used. In this case, we are selecting Base Support (the base Child Support)
- Recurring: Click the Recurring box, you will then see an option to choose the frequency of the payment
- Expense Date: This is the date the item was incurred also known as the transaction date. For example, if the item was purchased on Dec 10, 2018 then this is the date that should be entered in this field.
- First Due Date: This is the Most current next Due date. This date CANNOT be before the Expense Date. By default, the other parent is given 30 days from the day the item is entered to make a payment. However, this can be changed by choosing another date.
- Verify all the information in the screen and click the green Next button
Step 3: Amount
- Enter the regular payment amount
- Verify the amount and click the green Next button
Step 4: Receipt
In this screen, you will upload your back up documentation for the recurring transaction. Since this example is a Support Category, (Base Support, Additional Support, Alimony/Family Support) You do not need to add any receipts, simply click on the green Submit button.
If the transaction category requires a receipt/back up documentation, the system will prompt you for documentation.
Otherwise, simply click on the Submit button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.