For base payments, the parent can submit receipts in relation to them but we do not currently offer the ability to track individual expenses as they relate to the base payment. While we can implement this feature, we found that it created more complexity for parents than benefit. The reason is that most states believe the base support payment is meant to cover “basic living expenses” such as rent / mortgage, groceries, etc. The only way that the parent was willing to do this is when it is mandated / ordered in the child support order or agreed upon by both parents. If this is something that you can get as part of your order or agreed upon by both parents then we can certainly implement the feature to enable the rollup of individual expenses to the total base amount.
Articles in this section
- Can she spend 550 in Necessary expenses and then submit the receipts to collect a payment?
- Can the mother submit a receipt as proof of payment for an expense related to children and then ask for payment?
- Does the transparency only apply to additional expenses or does it include the base pay CS payment? I.E. Do I get to see where the base payment of CS gets spent as well?
- Hello, I already have a new account and I'm entering my bills. If I give the other parent access, can he change the information that I have entered?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I set up alimony payments on SupportPay?
- How do I upgrade or downgrade my subscription once I’ve paid for it?
- I’ve found a listing that SupportPay has created for me. How do I claim that listing?
- My grandma was receiving child support for me but I no longer stay in the house how can I get access to my money?
- So, I was a little confused about the tracking additional expenses vs the base pay. If I'm ordered to pay $550 a month, do I actually get to see where that $550 goes?