Currently we don’t require that a parent submit expenses against the base payment – to show an accounting of how the base payment has been used. The reason is that, we have found parents are unwilling to do this unless it is ordered or part of their agreement. If you are able to get an order for this – or if you would like us to help you get this in your order – then we can certainly implement this feature.
Articles in this section
- Can she spend 550 in Necessary expenses and then submit the receipts to collect a payment?
- Can the mother submit a receipt as proof of payment for an expense related to children and then ask for payment?
- Does the transparency only apply to additional expenses or does it include the base pay CS payment? I.E. Do I get to see where the base payment of CS gets spent as well?
- Hello, I already have a new account and I'm entering my bills. If I give the other parent access, can he change the information that I have entered?
- How do I set up alimony payments on SupportPay?
- How do I upgrade or downgrade my subscription once I’ve paid for it?
- I’ve found a listing that SupportPay has created for me. How do I claim that listing?
- My grandma was receiving child support for me but I no longer stay in the house how can I get access to my money?
- So, I was a little confused about the tracking additional expenses vs the base pay. If I'm ordered to pay $550 a month, do I actually get to see where that $550 goes?
- What are the differences between a free and paid plans?