1 comment

  • Official comment
    SupportPay Customer Care

    If the children have never received public assistance than yes, parents can come to an agreement to no longer accept child support. The best way to do this is to file an agreement with the court that the agreement has been made between the parents. This would be in the best interest of your husband so that he is protected in case the other parent changes her mind in the future and says that the agreement never happened.

    If the children have received public assistance than no, the government will continue to collect child support until the public assistance has been paid back to the state.

    We suggest you visit your local county child support agency who provides free legal assistance and can help you file the necessary paperwork for free.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.