Is the mother still able to collect support if the child no longer lives with her?


1 comment

  • Official comment
    SupportPay Customer Care

    Yes, she is still entitled to support until the support order is officially stopped through a support order.

    You (or your son) needs to immediately contact your county child support services agency and ask for the forms to request a modification to the child support order. It is not until a new judgement and order is filed with the county that there would be any change to your child support order. Until that time the person ordered to pay child support will be responsible for the amount - both current support, back child support and interest on unpaid support.

    It is critical to file these papers as soon as the situation changes so that the child support order reflects the current situation of the children.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.