Can I develop a child support order or child support agreement myself? Or do I have to go through the courts?


1 comment

  • Official comment
    SupportPay Customer Care

    Yes, you can come up with an agreement with the other parent and then submit that agreement to your county court house. Once that is submitted a judge will sign the papers and it will become an order that is legally binding between the two of you.

    In addition, I suggest you start tracking immediately any funds that are given to the other parent for the child. You will need these records should you ever need to go to court and most banks only store this information online for 6 months.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.